Wednesday, March 26, 2014

My rug

Remember when I went on and on (and on)  about my love for Kilim rugs. That week I had purchased one, but then never said much more about it.

I got it from the ebay seller TurkishKilim.
Honestly, I can not say enough good things about the rug or the seller. Don't you love it when that happens?

This is the rug I bid on.

I was the only bidder (yes!) on a Tuesday afternoon.
No Joke, the rug was here on Friday. 
It came from Turkey!! That is some fast shipping!

I have heard that these rugs can arrive very dirty. So I was prepared to give it a good cleaning once it was here. I even called the carpet cleaning company.  However, when I received mine, it was really actually pretty clean. I went over it with a steam cleaner, but didn't get much!

The rug is so beautiful and big, almost 8x10! The colors in the ebay picture are pretty true. It has lived all over the house but has finally landed in E's big girl room (reveal to come!).



These pictures were taken when there was a lot of natural light, so the colors appear more saturated than they really are.

I still follow TurkishKilim on ebay and I would buy from them again. Currently, I have my eye on

What do you think? Would you ever buy a rug from another country off of ebay?


No comments:

Post a Comment